Santa Barbara Business Coach
Advice to Experts and Professionals
Leading Virtual Teams
|A Virtual Business Coach, Patty DeDominic|
Learning to be a better leader of yourself and others is essential in business and life. Our friends and business colleagues are now spread world wide and some people feel that communicating is as easy as skype or an email. Some feel its that simple and others find it easier to simply "check out" of the 21 century electronics altogether. Is Communication easier now a days?
is it really?
The world is revolving around teams of people on projects. Global NGO's, corporate giants and small business joint ventures all rely on teams spread outin differing work environments, sometimes all over the world. Some are much more effective than others. How do they do it?
How does a skilled leader cause
people on different time zones to
work together and collaborate for effective outcomes?
- Planning, communicating and remaining flexible for creative spontaneous solutions helps. So does continuing your education on and off the job. I believe the best learning comes by doing combined with skills building exercises, wise mentors and teachers. Projects build experience, connections and skills.
- Dispersed workforces are today's norm, and while virtual teams are similar to traditional teams, you can no longer rely upon the communication and team building that occurs naturally in face-to-face environments.
As a leader of virtual teams, you must take deliberate actions to build productive teamwork.
The digital age is changing how we work, play, communicate; even how we think. Don't let the digital divide cost you success in all you do. Virtual teams and the digital age is an exciting frontier that rewards those who leverage the power that it presents. Competing in the new environment will require higher levels of competence. While it may seem challenging to keep up with the pace of technology, the good news is that tools are evolving so quickly that they are easier to learn and use than ever before. You can learn almost anything you want to on line at http://www.lynda.com/ or at http://www.ehow.com/ Many new "competitors" are springing up monthly and google and microsoft continue to compete in the arenas of making your life easier on line.
Decide to be more fluent in RESULTS-SPEAK!
Business Coaches and many psychology experts agree that fluency in results, effectiveness as a habit combined with a desire to bring your EQ higher (emotional quotient, not just IQ) grows your people skills and your professional success. These people skills applied in a virtual world with scalable systems can catapult your success. You don't have to be perfect, you just have to be better than your competition!
- Clear Goals, combined with clearly defined roles and responsibilities will help you succeed.
- Touch Base often and agree on the means and frequency of reconnection.
- Fix your eyes on the PRIZE yet remain flexible and Adjust Plans as needed.
http://www.dedominic.com/ 805 453 7490
Or Attend this Webinar on line: