Tip of the Week
by Dianne Gubin
5 Ways to Put Passion into Your Work
How can you love what you do? What’s the key to putting passion into your professional work?
1) Consider activities outside of the office that you enjoy. Activities that make your heart sing. Can you bring this same enthusiasm to your office?
2) Let your teammates know that you’re happy, excited, and eager to be at work. Talk about your projects with excitement and enthusiasm.
3) Focus on elements of your work that you enjoy the most. Take care of the hardest parts first while you’re fresh… and save the best for last.
4) Make work fun. Consider inexpensive and upbeat ways to reward the team.
5) Set goals. People with goals and focus achieve the desired outcome and usually feel great about the process. It’s the journey that inspires passion, not just the result.
At the end of the day, when you love your work, you don’t know where the day has gone. Time is meaningless.
The key to achieving your goals is to know your goals. As we’re now midway through the year, this is an excellent time to dust off and re-evaluate your New Year’s resolutions.
Live with Passion, Purpose, and Focus.
Not sure how to find your passion at work?
Come to the Job Hunting Game Seminar!